Teenage pupil dies after choking on a meatball in school canteen

The Mirror is reporting that an investigation is underway after a 13-year-old girl choked on a meatball during school lunch and died…

Isabel Pearce never regained consciousness after choking on her meal during a lunchtime break.

Her shocked parents, Jane and Anthony Pearce spoke to the Courier newspaper of their horror after the teenager’s death at Ridge View School in Tonbridge, Kent.

They said their daughter suffered from a rare form of autism, called Sotos Syndrome, but her condition did not affect how she was able to swallow…

The incident happened on January 26 but Isabel died in hospital the next day.

Kent Police have confirmed they are reviewing the circumstances surrounding her death.

Jacqui Tovey, headteacher of Ridge View School said the school community was devastated by the death.

She said: “Isabel’s death has been a tremendous shock to us all and our thoughts are with Isabel’s family.

“The whole school community has been devastated by her death and she will be greatly missed.

“We understand it is normal procedure for the police to be involved in a review of an unexpected death and the school is co-operating fully with the police over this…”

More at: Teenage pupil dies after choking on a meatball in school canteen

 

Don’t forget you can sign up to receive our daily email bulletin every morning (around 7 am) with all the latest schools news stories. Your details will never be given to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any stage. Just follow this link!

'Ground-breaking' Stockport Technical School to close less than three years after it opened
School's ponytail drugs claim angers mother
Categories: Health.

Let us know what you think...