Park View denies claims that interim prohibition orders have been breached

The BBC is reporting that a former chair of governors has denied weekend claims that a school at the heart of the alleged Trojan Horse letter plot has breached banning orders.

The Sunday Telegraph said two men “banned from the teaching profession” at Park View had been reinstated…

Former governor Tahir Alam said there had been “no breach” of the orders.

Mr Alam said: “As far as I understand it, these teachers have been given clearance by the National College for Teaching and Leadership [to return to the school] and there has been no breach of their orders.

“Some of these people have been suspended for reasons that I can only describe as silly and laughable.”

A representative for the school said the teachers were not banned.

“The two staff members have been attending the academy in accordance with understanding and authorisation from the National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL),” he said.

“The arrangements have been fully risk-assessed in order to comply with strict criteria.”

He also denied the staff had been “reinstated”, saying: “One member of staff referred to has never been suspended from work…”

More at: ‘Trojan Horse’ school Park View denies staff claims

 

Don’t forget you can sign up to receive our daily email bulletin every morning (around 7 am) with all the latest schools news stories. Your details will never be given to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any stage. Just follow this link

Council warns it faces £67m funding shortfall to create school places city needs
NSS calls for new inspection of Islamic school that bans “socialising with outsiders”
Categories: Policy and Teaching.

Let us know what you think...