The Independent is reporting that hundreds of pupils in New Hampshire were told to stay at home on Monday after officials decided a “detailed threat of violence” was sufficiently credible to close schools in one district.
The 17 schools in the Nashua School District were closed after authorities said they received the threats directed at pupils and staff. The schools are expected to reopen on Tuesday…
School officials in New Hampshire have been working closely with Nashua police to determine whether the threat is credible, Nashua schools Superintendent Mark Conrad said in a statement posted on the district’s website.
“Because the threat is specific and extends to several schools, we will be cautious and close all of our public schools in Nashua tomorrow,” he said, according to Reuters.
A string of similar threats has poured in to major school systems across the country, although most have stayed open or quickly reopened. New York dismissed a threat last week to be a hoax and proceeded with lessons.
Are you a trainee teacher, NQT, teacher, headteacher, parent or just someone who cares about education and has something to get off your chest in a Schools Improvement Guest Post? Follow this link for more details at the bottom of the page.Don’t forget you can sign up to receive our daily email bulletin (around 7am) with all the latest schools news stories. Your details will never be given to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any stage. Just follow this link.
We now have a Facebook page - please click to like!