The Standard revealed in April how the man was arrested over alleged voyeurism and possession of indecent images of children. But it has now emerged that the man, from Hall School Wimbledon, was arrested again on suspicion of sexual assault after answering bail at the end of last month. He is under investigation for all the allegations by detectives from Scotland Yard’s Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command.
The arrests came after education watchdog Ofsted raised concerns about the potential use of personal mobile phones to take pictures of pupils at the school. The Ofsted report, which followed a snap inspection, was published on March 15. Six days later the Yard launched its investigation.
On April 4 the member of staff was arrested on suspicion of voyeurism and possessing indecent images of children and bailed, before his new arrest.
Police today declined to reveal whether it meant there was more than one alleged victim and said it was still investigating the exact location of the alleged incidents. It is understood claims had first been made to the Department for Education.
Hall School’s head and founder, Timothy Hobbs, has told parents the allegations were “malicious” and “with no foundation” and “do not arise from any concern raised by either a pupil or parent, past or present”.
What do you think? Please tell us your thoughts in comments or via Twitter ~Tamsin
Don’t forget you can sign up to receive our daily email bulletin (around 7am) with all the latest schools news stories. Your details will never be given to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any stage. Just follow this link
We now have a Facebook page - pls click to like!
More recent posts...